Thursday 4 September 2014

Through many dangers, toils and snares I have already come...

The song 'Amazing grace' came to mind today and as I listened to the words 'Through many dangers, toils and snares I have already come...' stirred up so much emotion in my heart... 

I prayed to God and thanked Him for all He has already got me through! It made me think of all the times I have been trapped in a snare, or battling with toils and frightened by dangers...During this year I feel as though I have had many of these times and as I grappled with fear during my Sozo I know that every time God has been victorious in each and every one of those battles! 

These past 2 and a half months I have been walking with God on bright sunny paths...He has shown me His love, His promises, His goodness and His plans for my future. The path has been smooth and I have basked in His light! 

Yet now I must walk on a rougher path, a foggy one... with toils, snares and dangers... My feet stumble on this path and Satan tries to make me fall but God is holding my hand and helps me take one step at a time. Though my journey has been slowed by this change of weather God has prepared me and is ready to help me through! He tells me to hold onto His promises! He reminds that I have already come through many of these paths before and this path is only temporary! 

Through many dangers, toils and snares
I have already come! Yes Lord I have!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment